April 2, 2008

Can I Haz Update?

Yes, it has been far, far too long since I have updated this, and dear God is there updates to be told. In general, work has been far too busy and with what free time I've had, it's been mostly spent on the game.

So let's get started.

First of, the journey for the Lu Shang is OVER. It ended around the beginning of March. I saw the shit-storm of work coming my way, as well as a gap in our LS Calendar, so I knew I would have to really double my efforts and finally finish the damn thing.

I put Campaign, farming, and EXP all aside and just fished and did what LS events we had. If I was at home and there was no event going on, my ass was planted at the Knight's Well in Ronufare.

All my gil went to moats as well when I capped out. Since I was no longer farming, I took the Allied Notes I had piled up and sold gear to get more funds (and then SE went and released awesome Rare/Ex gear a month later...thanks guys...). Within a couple weeks, I got the rest of my carp for the rod. I now present to you a new signature in celebration of these efforts:



Brings a tear to my eye...

About a week or so after, I saw my in-game life get much busier as well. Our Linkshell's Council (leaders) had seen a couple changes in recent months. Patroklis, our leader, decided it was time to stick some new life in the Council and have two members elected. In the second election, I emerged as the winner and was named as council.

Apparently 23 of my fellow LS-mates lost their minds and voted for me.

I like to think that I've done a rather decent job in the small time that I have been on Council (let me have my moment...). I've been leading a few events, but most of my time has been spent doing a lot of administrative stuff around our website and forums (which is where most of my free work time has gone). I'm still working on a lot of other things behind the scenes and I'm hoping near the end of April I will have implemented all of them.

It's been crazy, hectic and at times stressful, but I'm loving the challenge so far.

As far as my own personal gain, I really haven't done too much save for the Lu! I've finally had some time to have everything settle down (and build up my gil again!) so I set out to do a shit-ton of campaign to make up for all the Allied Notes I've spent for the awesome Iron Ram Rare/Ex gear that just got released.

As of now, I was able to get one piece of that gear, the Iron Ram Sallet (head piece) to go along with the Lance I have. In that time, I was able to collect quite a few merits as well. Brining my merit total (time to laugh!) to:
  • Shield - Level 4 (Capped)
  • Enmity - Level 4 (Capped)
  • Sword - Level 2
  • Chivalry - Level 1
  • HP - Level 1
Yeah, it's nothing too impressive, but for someone that basically only merits in Campaign, it isn't a bad start.

That's about it for now. I don't feel like writing all too much more at the moment and I've covered the main events that have happened to me. Hopefully I'll be able to start adding more soon.

-Stiker

No comments: