February 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes it's my birthday bitches, go buy me a drink.

Seems I've fallen off track with updating this again. I would make a joke that I update more than [GM]Dave now in his humor blog, but alas he has started again...hell, Goblin Smithy might even come back.

Damn him...

Anyways, I have been amazingly busy in the game and not so much RL for once. I've been logged on quite a bit during my free time and have accomplished quite a bit.

First off, the new expansion...it released barely anything yet has given me so much to do. Campaign is a damn Godsend for PLD. I've actually been able to merit on a regular basis. My shield skill is now fully capped out and I've tossed a merit into Sword and Enmity+. I've also been able to keep my PLD near or at the EXP cap without a problem now. Not only can I do all that, but it is just so much damn fun. Parties become a grind after a while no matter how good they are, but I don't ever feel like I'm grinding out EXP/LP while doing battles. Hell, I get REWARDED for blood tanking.

Holy crap I get to play PLD like I want!

And then you have the pure sexiness that is Dancer.

/NIN is so 2007 :P

Seriously, if you have not tried it out, /DNC is an amazing sub for any melee job. PLD/DNC is just a freakin' rock. Build up a decent TP base, and PLD/DNC is damn near impossible to take down. Healing dances, your usual MP Pool for Cures, Drain/Aspir Samba, Erase dance...just wow. And for melees more on the DD side it is great too. Every job now has amazing soloing capabilities that were previously unthinkable.

And DNC itself is a great main job for EXP. I got it up to 36 (get last dance for sub at 35...leveling it the rest of the way on Campaign ops), and partying was great. You are like duct tape for a party. Don't have a solid tank? DNC can back up as one. Don't have much of a main healer? DNC will pick up the slack. Don't have much debuff power? DNC can try to pack a little punch there.

You'll by no means take over any main role, but you can easily save a party from saying "Well we don't have X, none seeking, guess we are done."

Plus the real beauty is that DNC thrives in small parties. You can easily solo/duo your way to 20. And in parties of 3-5 you can still pull down great EXP. In my last party as DNC, we had a lot of people leave, but 3 of us were close to our next levels. We were PLD DNC DNC and in the Citadel. We were taking out the very same bats and beetles we were EXPing on without a problem. Fights weren't fast, but when you are getting 200/fight and still able to get to chain 2-3 easily, you stop caring. We got about 2k exp trio in under 30 minutes. It was great!

In other news, my mission static is still kicking. Scheduling around our schedules and LS events has been a little rough but we see the light at the end of the tunnel. We are now poised to take on Apocalypse Nigh, and just need to crank out a couple more WM ranks for 2 of our members. Then all we will have left is WotG missions, which a couple members haven't completed yet. And then whenever SE decides to release more, we will be all over it.

Speaking of statics, I am now leading one myself. I got tired of seeing how many of our members were low Assault rank (including myself) so I made a static that gave priority to the lowest ranked LS members. We've been going for two weeks and so far all is well. My goal is to have us hit Captain rank and also move in to Nyzul Isle for more fun. It is quite a lofty goal, but one that I'm sure we can achieve!

In the endgame scene, I have finally, finally seen another drop some my way for the first time in damn near a year, and it's a big one.

/clears throat

W LEGS ARE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did a Kirin last night, and they dropped and went to me (and on the day before my birthday - hell yes). Now all I have left for PLD in sky is M Head -- btw, I find it funny that I got W Legs before that...damn Seiryu...lol.

I like to think that going so long without W Legs and doing quite a bit of kiting in that time should make me one hell of kiter now. At least I hope so! There are no excuses now!!! Needless to say I am quite happy and I love running around 12% faster at all times (P.S. Sprinter's Boots stack with Fast Pants and is just amazing for having to do footwork!).

That's been about it for now. Now I just need to make more time for fishing and get my last 2.5k carp out of the water for my Lu Shang's!!!

--Stiker

No comments: